14 February 2009

Personal Reflection [ week 3 ]

In the third meeting of micro teaching class. I learned to teach in group. It was easy but also difficult, I mean that the "teaching" itself was easy, but to make the students understood of what we had taught was difficult. Before I taught in a group, the day before I had already known that I should have good planning for my teaching materials. So, I practiced how to make good set induction, make good set closure, and make probing questions. The day when I taught in front of class, everything was changed. All things were making me confused. I was faced by how to make good time management, how to teach in such way that students could understand the materials, how to make students interested, etc.
Fuiihh,, Teaching was not as simple as I thought.
When I saw other group. I could see that some of teachers could teach relaxedly and could make their students interested with the material. Finally, when I finished my teaching, my friends gave me feedback. I guessed that I lack in voice volume and time management, and that were true! My friends said that I have good materials, well-arrangement, and spiritful. But, my voice was not clear enough so my students could not catch my materials, and I had bad teacher-students interaction. Huff, I kept in mind that it was only first trial. The next should be better!!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates