21 March 2009

Personal Reflection [ Week 8 ]

"yakin pada dirimu sendiri!"
huff, maybe that is the best word to motivate me. I don't know what happen with me, but after I saw my friends performance, I thought that there were some things in me which should be improved. I got many positives comments from my friends and Mr. Prast. I remember when I practiced teaching class, it was not 'my best performance' i think.
These are 'my bad' when I practiced teaching:
  • I smile too often
  • I speak too often in my speaking class
  • I was too relax in teaching
From my friend's blog, Adria, I get comments like this:

" The way he taught was too relax and it confused the students a lot. He presented two topic at the same lesson. He taught the expression of sympathy and happiness. I thought those topics should have been separated in different meeting because before the students got the idea of the first topic, they had to face another topic. Moreover, the objectives were vague and doubtful, I was not sure whether the students achieved the indicators or not. "


In the next class teaching practice, I get topic : Listening for SMP grade 7. I will try to do my best on it. Comments from my friends will be guide for me to improve my teaching skill. In the next class teaching, I plan to do this:
  • make handout which is suitable with students' grade and make sure that the students can achieve the indicators.
  • because this is listening class, students will listen more.
  • not too often smiling.. =)
yeap! I think that's all for my reflection. comments and suggestions are hoped!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates