11 March 2009

Reflection after practice teaching [ week 6 ]

Last week I have practiced teaching. I decided to teach "how to express happiness and how to express sympathy. I took those topic because I thought that those topic were easy to be taught to the students. This topic also fit with the standard competence and the basic competence which I should teach to. When I started teaching, actually I was nervous. I thought whether the students will pay attention to me or not. But, while I was teaching, I did not feel nervous anymore. First, I gave them song to be interpreted. The song's theme was happiness, I chose it because I would like to teach how to express happiness (I mean that the song will guide them to enter the material). During teaching, I felt that the most difficult was how to make the students pay attention to the material I thought. When I finished teaching, I got 3 written comments. Their comments were so constructive, thanks for that. From the first class teaching, I learned that teaching in conventional way (giving handout and explaining) will make the students bored. I have to have something different like using media namely video or something else. If I should teach this lesson again, I will have different way to explain the material. My first practice teaching is an unforgettable experience!!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates